As we enter into the month of November, the topic of THANKSGIVING is on the front of most magazines and many conversations. This is the time of year when we reflect on things in our lives, for which we want to give thanks. Hopefully it is not the only time of year we are thankful!
It is good to give thanks to the Lord and to notice all the blessings in your life. Sometimes we are blessed through joyous occasions and sometimes we feel blessed even in the midst of struggles and trauma. Know that the LORD is good and the God is with you in every situation in your life.
OUR ASSIGMENT for November is to:
· Take some time today (this month) to look for ways you have been blessed.
· Take time to notice how God is with you. It is good to stop and think of the many blessings we have in our lives.
· Thank God for those who have helped you along the way. We have been nurtured by many people who have come before us.
· Take some time to notice the ‘harvest’ in your life. Notice how God is working in you. Sometimes we forget the ‘harvests’ in our lives, and only look at the things that do not work or are fading.
· Take some time this month to identify those people in your life who have helped you to become the person you are (even the difficult people in your life).
· Reflect and identify places where you have noticed that God has been active in your life and in the lives around you. Some of these areas may be places, people, events, or groups that you see on a daily basis and never take the time to really look at the blessings they bring to your life.
This is my prayer for the month of ‘November Thanksgiving.”
I thank God for YOU as a worshipping community, and for you as individuals who encourage and deepen, who share joys and sorrows and for the blessing it is to journey with you.
“I thank my God every time I remember you, constantly praying with joy in every one of my prayers for all of you, because of your sharing in the gospel from the first day until now.” Philippians 1: 3-5