Goals for the New Year: I have been thinking about some areas in which I would like to challenge each of you to consider for this next year (as usual I am writing this because I plan to work on these areas and thought we could do this together). I worked on this list a few years ago and need to renew these goals.
- Focus on Community: Notice and write down people and circumstances in which you see God’s hand at work. Look for God in this church and your community.
- Notice distractions from God and respond to them. [If it does not move you closer to God it moves you away from God.] Notice what things in the day are moving you/us closer to God.
- Sabbath: Work to have a Sabbath – a day of rest. Sometimes, when it is not possible to take an entire day as Sabbath, take a portion of 2-3 days but be intentional about this commitment (it is good for your health). Identify the Sabbath times of the week. (Consider no phones during this time)
- Journaling: Reflect about life on paper. Write about both good and bad times.
- Prayer: Continue to pray without ceasing. Possibly write prayers and prayer concerns in a book to keep track of the various areas and requests.
- Usable moments of time: Notice moments in the day in which you might be able to have opportunity to grow.
- Praise: Remember to thank people and encourage others. Good Job!
- Unexpected places: Note unexpected moments of connection and care among people of God’s world…. – look around.
- Joy – notice joys and gifts through out the day.
- Art – Music – Holy Space: Have spaces that are places where you are able to renew and restore health and joy.
May the Lord bless you and keep you as we move through 2018 together!