Community Garden

Our community garden started several years ago with 23 4’x6′ beds, several of them raised on legs to be handicap accessible.  The response of the garden was so positive that we soon had a waiting list for beds, so the garden was expanded to hold 35 beds, all of which were quickly spoken for.

Community GardenOur gardeners agree to use organic gardening methods and  to keep their beds  and the surrounding area tidy.  About 40% of the gardeners are members of First Presbyterian Church with the remaining 60% coming from the community at large.

The garden is an attractive addition to our church grounds and a great opportunity for fellowship among gardeners.