February is a month to focus on our ministry and mission as a church.
Last month the leaders and staff of FPC, met for a Saturday to study and talk about the church. Thirty-five of you met and worked to review and think about the present and future ministries of this church family. [You were great – thank you for your time and input!!!]
We reviewed the various committees we have in this church and we walked through the church to envision and open our hearts and minds to possible future ministry that could happen in this community of believers. It was a great day and we came away with ideas and hopes for ways to live out God’s call to us.
We remembered valuable ministries that are happening in the church at the present time:
- Sacred Threads
- Deacons (and friends) who prepare and serve bereavement dinners
- Adult Study classes and groups
- Service of Home Communion
- Mustard Seed Ministry housed in our lower level
- Renewed Youth and Children focus
- Our church is open for Scouts / Meals of Wheels/ training events
…. And many other places we reach out in the community.
Here are some possible ways to become involved:
- You might feel called to be a Greeter before church Sunday morning.
- You might have gifts and a willingness to help with bereavement dinners
(either with preparing a dish or helping to serve and/or clean up)
- Prayers – you might be someone who is willing to commit to pray for one other person in the church – to send them a card on his/her birthday and to be a prayer support [Each young person will have a support person – so if you have a special interest in this ministry please let me know] We are setting this up – just let us know if you would like to be a part of this ministry.
- You might be someone who is willing to provide transportation /or cooking for youth events.
We discussed a variety of ways to reach out, both in this church and in our community.
Together we are the church – the body of Christ! Thank you for taking YOUR ‘call’ to heart. You are an important part of our ministry and we want to help you use your gifts and connect with God’s command to love God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength and to love our neighbor as yourself.
Together we are the church – together we are the body of Christ!
Blessings as you strive to live that out!