I have been thinking of the events that are in the works/plans for this summer and thinking of the opportunity to take some intentional time to study and find space for GOD and others. As you read through this Summer newsletter notice where you might be connected to this worshipping community and to your Lord.
Reflection and Opportunities
Here are several events that we are developing for the next 3 months. You will receive more information as the event comes closer. My prayer is that you will each find at least one place to connect, deepen, enjoy, bond, learn, grow, and serve this next 3 months.
Have a good Summer!
- Baseball Game with the church June 24th: Each year we travel to Pittsburgh in a charter bus with 45 people to experience a Pirate’s game. This is one of the most enjoyable community events we do as a church. I LOVE this time together
- There are 3 Backyard Bible Studies planed for this summer. We will gather for the first study on Tuesday – June 21st @ Ronee’s back yard at 7:00 pm. (309 W. 1st) The two final studies will be July 12th and August 9th– all will meet on Tuesday’s at 7:00 pm.[We are working on locations.
- Our Oil Heritage Parade picnic is a grand time together. We meet at my house (309 W. First) at 4:00 pm. and we share a meal and watch the parade. Trudy gathers candy from the street for everyone. Mark your calendar and celebrate together.
- This summer the young people and I will have at least one ‘Movies on the Wall’ … there is a new privacy fence in my back yard which is PERFECT to show outdoor movies… SO stay alert for the dates – young people … movies are coming soon to this neighborhood theater. (plus pizza – of course).
- August is the month that our youth and I will connect with Hasson Heights (Jamie Fowler) and 2nd Presbyterian Church (Josh Botts) and travel to Covenant Church in Erie. We will stay overnight at the church and serve the community outreach program Saturday morning, returning in the afternoon. I think this will be fun and deepening and am looking for this time together. Always looking for ways to love God and love others.
- August is also a month that we will have visitors from Chicago. Addie (my daughter) is bringing her youth group to western PA and we will host them overnight as we show them Oil City and the ministries in this community.